Supporting community involvement
We enable the people we support to participate fully and actively in their community.
We provide a range of services which helps both young and old people reduce loneliness, social isolation and stress.
By encouraging people to connect with their communities, we can help improve their quality of life - and even delay or avoid the need for more intensive support.
Ways we can help
We can help you:
- develop experience and skills which can help you succeed in education or employment
- increase confidence and self-esteem
- make new friends and extend your networks
- share your experience, knowledge and skills for the benefit of others
- take part in something you enjoy
We have a number of services which can help people get involved in their community:
- Our Older Persons' Service volunteer befriending project matches trained volunteers with vulnerable older people to provide a person-centred befriending service in Fife
- Our Older Persons' Service social cafes in Fife support older people to reconnect with their community through weekly social activities
- Our Older Persons' Service Help to Stay at Home service helps older to people to get out into their community and participate in community activities
- Link Academy's employability projects provide opportunities to get involved in community projects - helping to make a difference to the people and communities they work with
- Our Steps To Resilience programme runs in Edinburgh, Falkirk, and Fife to support young people 14-25 whose mental health has been negatively affected by trauma and disadvantage. The programme encourages participants to engage with their community in order to build confidence and a sense of belonging
- Edinburgh Young Persons' Service visiting housing support works with young people across Edinburgh who have experienced homelessness, are at risk of homelessness, or have been in care, to find stability and independence. Service users have opportunities to volunteer and take part in community activities
- Edinburgh Young Persons' Service delivers Independent Living Skills group workshops which enable young people with experience of care or homelessness to learn the skills to maintain a tenancy, engage with work or volunteering, and improve wellbeing
If you would like more information about the services we offer or would like to access any of the services listed above please contact us.