Fundraise while you shop
You can fundraise for LinkLiving while you shop, and the best part is, it won't cost you an extra penny.
Did you know your everyday purchases could help support people to overcome the negative impacts of trauma and disadvantage? We’re excited to share two great ways you can raise funds for LinkLiving that won’t cost you a penny!
You can make LinkLiving your favourite charity on AmazonSmile and easyfundraising. Free and easy to use, these two websites donate to your chosen charity every time you shop through them, all at no extra cost to you.
Here’s our helpful guide to get you started.
We’re excited to announce LinkLiving is now part of AmazonSmile’s charity list. This means your everyday purchases could help people to recover from the negative impacts of trauma, poor mental health, inequality, homelessness, and isolation, enabling them to live happy, healthy, and fulfilled lives.
But what is Smile and how does AmazonSmile work?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. Your shopping experience stays the same, but every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to your chosen charity.
How much does AmazonSmile donate?
Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your chosen charity when you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk for free.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You'll see eligible products marked “Eligible for smile.amazon.co.uk” on their product detail pages.
How do I get AmazonSmile?
If you already have an Amazon account, you can begin shopping instantly. Simply visit smile.amazon.co.uk to get started.
- Log in to your Amazon account and search and select LinkLiving Limited in the ‘pick your own charity’ search bar.
- You’ll receive an email from Amazon and you’re ready to shop.
- You may also want to download Smilematic, a free Chrome extension that automatically redirects you to AmazonSmile so you never miss a donation. You can download it here.
Shop as you normally would, knowing each purchase you make also makes a live-changing difference to people young and old in Edinburgh, Fife, and Forth Valley.
How to use Smile on the Amazon app
The main thing to note with AmazonSmile is you always need to purchase your items through smile.amazon.co.uk rather than the main Amazon site. If you use the Amazon app we have a handy workaround:
- Shop on the app as you would normally, adding items to your basket
- Before you checkout, switch to smile.amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser to complete the process.
If you use an Apple device:
- Visit smile.amazon.co.uk in your Safari browser
- Tap the share button and scroll right to select ‘add to Home Screen’
- Click add and then delete your old Amazon app.
The service LinkLiving provided to my relative was second to none. I can't tell you how much their support has helped them and I'm not sure they would still be here without it.Relative of a LinkLiving service user.
LinkLiving are now registered with easyfundraising, which means you can raise FREE donations for us every time you shop online. Over 4,500 shops and sites will donate to us when you use easyfundraising to shop with them – at no extra cost to yourself!
But what is easyfundraising and how does it work?
Easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into donations for your good cause, at no cost to you. Just visit your favourite retailers via easyfundraising.org.uk and the shop as normal. Once you’ve made a purchase the retailer will then make a small donation to your cause to say “thank you”.
How much does easyfundraising donate?
Since 2005, good causes and charities across the UK have raised over £24 million with easyfundraising. An average online shopper can easily raise over £100 a year with easyfundraising. The donation per purchase will generally be between 0.5% and 10%. Some retailers – including insurance and broadband providers – will pay a set fee which can be in the £100s.
Who can I shop with online?
Easyfundraising’s 4,500+ retailers include big names such as John Lewis, M&S, Boden, Expedia, Amazon, eBay, all the major supermarkets, holiday operators, insurance providers, plus a wide range of smaller and more niche online shops and stores. You can find the full list of retailers here.
How do I get easyfundraising?
The important thing to remember is that you need to start your shopping on easyfundraising in order to raise donations.
- Firstly, register with easyfundraising and select LinkLiving Ltd as your charity of choice.
- Then, next time you want to buy something online, log into easyfundraising first and click on the retailer you want to shop with. You’ll then be taken to their website where you can continue to make your purchase in the usual way. But – crucially – because you visited easyfundraising first, your cause will get a donation.
- You can also download their donation reminder for desktop or the easyfundraising app.
How does the easyfundraising donation reminder and app work?
- Install the Donation Reminder onto your desktop in just a couple of clicks – it will then automatically highlight retailers where a donation is available while you’re browsing.
- Download the easyfundraising app. You’ll be able to use the app whenever you shop from your mobile or tablet and know that you’ll never miss out on a donation.
By shopping online using AmazonSmile and easyfundraising, you can support people across Central Scotland to overcome the negative impacts of trauma, and disadvantage, enabling them to live happy, healthy, and fulfilled lives.
Your support makes the world of difference.