Edinburgh Young Persons Service - Positive Transitions
Positive Transitions helps young people in Edinburgh who have left local authority care
The Positive Transactions Project is a supported accommodation scheme, funded by the Big Lottery, for young people with a background of local authority care.
What do we do
We aim to encourage young people to move on to independent living through an intensive support programme, which helps develop the skills needed to successfully maintain a tenancy.
The project is made up of 10 self-contained flats, all located near a central hub, which is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In addition to the supported accommodation, the project also delivers an independent living skills group work programme ‘Progress On’ in partnership with Horizons.
How we help
We provide a range of support and care to the young people in the project including help to:
- identify housing options
- set up a tenancy including accessing furnishings and decoration, setting up utilities
- support healthy lifestyles – cooking, menu planning, shopping
- maximise benefit entitlement
- access employment and training opportunities
- access specialist services to help with mental / physical health, substance misuse or child care
- engage with statutory and voluntary services
Staff are really helpful. Always there when you need them. I have always been treated with the utmost respect. A really excellent service for existing and future young people.EYPS Service User
Referrals to this service must be made via the Throughcare / Aftercare Housing and Support Panel which meets monthly. If you would like more information please contact us.