Support at home
We want to help you to live as independently as possible in your own home.
From helping young people learn how to maintain their own tenancy, to befriending services to helping older and disabled people with tasks around the home we run a number of services that can help support independent living.
Ways we can help
We can help you:
- identify housing options
- set up a tenancy including accessing furnishings and decoration and setting up utilities
- support healthy lifestyles through cooking, menu planning, shopping
- maximise benefit entitlement
- access employment and training opportunities
- access specialist services
- get out into the community with the support from a befriender
We have a number of services in Edinburgh, Fife and North Lanarkshire which provide support at home:
- Visiting Housing Support service delivers support to vulnerable young people between the ages of 16 and 25 living in Edinburgh
- Our Older Persons' service matches trained volunteers with vulnerable older people to provide a person-centred befriending service in Fife
- Short Term Housing Support and Care at Home Services to people aged 16 and over living in Fife
- Care and Repair services provide small repairs and handyperson services to older and disabled people in North Lanarkshire
If you would like more information about the services we offer or would like to access any of the services listed above please contact us.