We will walk 500 miles
LinkLiving has called for 100 walkers to take part in the Edinburgh Kiltwalk, which returns to the capital this September.
Walkers will trek a combined 500 miles to raise funds to improve the lives of people affected by homelessness, mental and physical health issues and social isolation.
Launching the appeal, LinkLiving Director Sarah Smith said: “We are calling for 100 LinkLiving staff and supporters to join us on The Wee Wander – five miles – to help us make even more of a difference to people’s lives.
“The Kiltwalk is a fantastic opportunity to generate much-needed income for our charity and to raise LinkLiving’s profile in Scotland’s capital and beyond.”
The Edinburgh Kiltwalk will be held on Sunday 16 September 2018. The Wee Wander sets off from Gypsy Brae at 12 noon and finishes with an after-walk party at Murrayfield Stadium.
Each person who walks for LinkLiving is encouraged to raise a minimum of £50.00 to support the charity’s work. For every £1.00 raised, LinkLiving will receive £1.40, thanks to the backing of The Hunter Foundation.
Sarah continued: “As well as our staff, trustees and volunteers, we hope people who share our commitment to improving lives will walk with us.
“We welcome the support of businesses with an interest in our work, as well as individuals who share our passion for helping people overcome barriers.”
- How much does it cost to take part?
The entry fee is £12.66 for adults and £6.33 for children. Entry for under-fives is free.
If the cost of entry is a barrier to your participation, please speak to the person you know best at LinkLiving.
- How much am I expected to raise?
LinkLiving is encouraging all walkers to raise a minimum of £50.00. The more money we raise, the more difference we can make to the lives of the people we support.
- What do I get in return?
Each walker will receive:
- A walker pack (including an ID badge) from The Kiltwalk.
- A LinkLivng t-shirt to wear on the day.
- A medal for participating in The Kiltwalk.
- A meal voucher to spend in The Kiltwalk Village.
- The opportunity to join the after-walk party in The Kiltwalk Village.
- A personal letter of thanks from the Director of LinkLiving
- Can I walk more than five miles if I want to?
Yes. While most people walking for LinkLiving will take part in The Wee Wander (five miles), we are happy for our supporters to take part in The Mighty Stride (24 miles) or The Big Stroll (15.5 miles).
The entry fee for The Mighty Stride and The Big Stroll is £31.65 for adults and children.
- How do I register to support LinkLiving?
You can register to support LinkLiving by following these simple steps:
- Please click on this link.
- Please select the walk you want to take part in. Most LinkLiving walkers will be doing The Wee Wander but we recognise that some supporters may wish to cover a longer distance.
- Please complete the online registration from.
- You will be asked to choose the charity you wish to support. Please enter LinkLiving Limited.
- You will be asked if you are part of a team. Please enter LinkLiving.
- Please pay your registration fee.
- What do I do next?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have registered as a LinkLiving supporter at The Edinburgh Kiltwalk 2018.
Jenny will keep you up to date with what you need to know about LinkLiving’s participation in this exciting event.