Steps To Success
Steps To Success in Grangemouth provides residential accommodation and support for care-experienced young people aged 16-25 to help them to gain the skills needed to live independently before moving on to a permanent tenancy elsewhere.
What do we do
The service supports care-experienced young people to create a home and offers practical, emotional, and social support to assist them to develop the skills necessary for successful independent living. This can involve setting up their tenancy, learning new skills, developing the resilience required for independent living, help to access specialist services, and improving their employability skills. Steps To Success provides trauma-informed support in an accommodation-based setting which is person-centred, flexible, and responsive to the changing needs of each individual young person.
How we can help you
Responsive support is provided to maintain and sustain a tenancy and work towards securing the young person’s own permanent tenancy within their community.
We provide a range of support to help young people including:
- Set up their tenancy, for example setting up utility bills and support to access benefits
- Gain and improve independent living skills
- Improve wellbeing – advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, shopping, cooking, staying active and looking after their mental health
- Improving employability skills including gaining SQA qualifications and completing workshops
- Support to improve their social and emotional skills with the aim to develop resilience
- Manage the challenges they face in sustaining their tenancy
- Access specialist services including mental and physical health, criminal justice, substance misuse
How can you get support
Referrals for care-experienced young people aged 16-25 can be made through Falkirk Council Leaving Care Team.
Thank you to our funders
This service is funded by Falkirk Council.
Thank you to our partners
Steps to Success works in partnership with Falkirk Council’s Leaving Care Team to provide the young people with the support they require to be able to positively and successfully live independently.