Edinburgh Young Persons' Service - visiting housing support
A visiting housing support service for young people throughout Edinburgh who have experienced homelessness.
It provides flexible, person-centred, and responsive visiting support services to young people between the ages of 16 and 25 who live in Edinburgh and have experienced homelessness, are struggling with independent living, or have been in care.
What do we do
The aim of LinkLiving’s Edinburgh Young Persons’ Service is to help service users establish and maintain a tenancy, gain independent living skills, strengthen social and family relationships, improve wellbeing, and assist them into education or employment.
It provides visiting support which is person centred, flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the individual service user.
How we help
Support and care is provided to access, establish and maintain an appropriate tenancy and can be practical, social or personal in nature. This service also manages a limited number of supported accommodation options.
We provide a range of support and care to help young people:
- Set up a tenancy including accessing furnishings and decoration, setting up utility bills such as gas and electric, and help to access benefits
- Gain or improve independent living skills
- Improve wellbeing – advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, shopping, cooking, staying active, and looking after mental health
- Access employment, volunteering, and training opportunities
- Manage challenges arising from parenting
- Improve finances - deal with debt, maximise benefits
- Access specialist services to help with mental and physical health, substance misuse, criminal justice, or caring responsibilities
This service is amazing. There is no way I would be doing the things I am today without the support of LinkLiving staff.Edinburgh Young Persons’ Service user
Young people aged 16-25 in Edinburgh can self-refer or be referred to LinkLiving by another professional. Support varies depending on need, funding streams, and referral channels. If you would like more information please contact us.