Support for young people
We encourage and support young people between the ages of 12 and 25 to make positive changes to their lives.
Many of the young people we work with have experienced a range of trauma, including homelessness, family breakdowns, disadvantage, mental health problems, or neglect. Others have struggled with drug and alcohol-related issues.
All of them need someone who will listen without judgement, and provide the support that helps them realise their ambitions.
Ways we can help
We can help you:
- develop the skills needed to maintain a tenancy
- get into education, employment, or training
- develop self-help tools to better manage your mental health
- connect with your community
- regain control of your life
We have a number of services in Central Scotland that provide support to young people:
- Our Steps To Resilience programme runs in Edinburgh, Falkirk, and Fife to support young people 12-25 whose mental health has been negatively affected by trauma and disadvantage
- Better Than Well provides a self-help service for people living in Fife who have been affected by childhood trauma, enabling them to recognise, understand, and manage their symptoms
- Link Academy helps young people identify their goals and aspirations for the future such as training, future education, or a potential career path
- Edinburgh Young Persons' Service visiting housing support works with young people across Edinburgh who have experienced homelessness, are at risk of homelessness, or have been in care, to find stability and independence
- Edinburgh Young Persons' Service delivers Independent Living Skills group workshops which enable young people with experience of care or homelessness to learn the skills to maintain a tenancy, engage with work or volunteering, and improve wellbeing
- Fife Visiting Support Services work with people in their own homes, sheltered housing, and temporary accommodation in the community throughout Fife to help them live independently
If you would like more information about the services we offer or would like to access any of the services listed above please contact us.