LinkLiving supports people to overcome the negative impacts of trauma.
Effects of trauma include
- Avoidant behaviour
- Easily startled
- Flashbacks and nightmares
- Intrusive memories or dreams
- Sleeping problems
- Shock, disbelief
- Low energy
- Unexplained pain
- Withdraw from others
Coping with the effects of trauma can feel really difficult or exhausting but with time and support, it is possible. LinkLiving can help...
How we can help
All of the support that LinkLiving provides is trauma-informed with staff fully trained in this approach. We have considerable experience in supporting people affected by trauma, with more than 60% of the people we support having experienced it at some point in their lives.
- Better Than Well provides a self-help service for people living in Fife who have been affected by childhood trauma, enabling them to recognise, understand, and manage their symptoms
- Our Steps To Resilience programme runs in Edinburgh, Falkirk, and Fife to support young people 12-25 whose mental health has been negatively affected by trauma and disadvantage
- LinkLiving also offers trauma-informed practice training for frontline staff in other organisations
If you need help to get support or want to know what support service might be available to you, then please contact us.